Sunday, January 24, 2010

Span 365 1 Reino de este mundo

Well for starters this book is way more interesting than the legends of Guatemala and a lot easier to read, coupled with short chapters makes this book a delight to read.

Magical realism is quite evident in this book although it seams to be a lot more realistic than magical. But the element of mysticism and magick, such as the poison or Mackandal's ability to metamorphose into different creatures. On the realism side the book seem like it describes some of the slave history of Haiti and the way life was back then.

Over all I cant really say much about this book it seem s like a standard novel; although the chapters are incredibly small something I must say I love because it makes it easier to read a bit at a time.

There seems to be some either grammar mistakes in the book or it was just a different sentence structure used in older times I cant remember where in the book it was that I read the lines but it just didn't seem right.

I like what I've read so far but hopefully it becomes even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment